Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Monday, March 19, 2012

They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab

Rehabbing The Knee. Earliest pool opening ever (by 3 weeks)
    So I guess I have to see the doctor, who will send me to the physiotherapist to rehab my injury. Last time I had "Runner's Knee" I got acupuncture, which was cool. I've been using the patella strap, but not taking any more Nsaid's. I was popping them like PEZ, I'm pretty sure that's not good for you.
  Long range, I don't want to rush things, as I hope to be running well into my retirement, which is  now 7 months away.
Snowstorm at the Beginning of March
Middle of March, Pool is Open.

I found a new wine for Portage, we haven't cracked it open yet.  D'OH!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pool.. mine is still a big Ice Cube. Did you go for a dip when it was still "Winter"?

    Good luck with the Knee. Stick to the trails when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks WGR;
    I did go for hot tub in winter, only one of us has been for a swim in the 49˚F water(the dog). I am definitely staying on the trails from now on.We drove to Port Elgin a couple of weeks ago, it was nice to see some snow. But where did all those giant freakin' windmills come from?
    This weather here is amazing!It's sposed to be 26˚C here tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete