Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter Comes to Toronto, Finally. Sort Of. And 2012 Weigh In #1

It looks like 2012 is shaping up to be a weird one. The race schedule is very tentative, every time I plan one and lock it in, something seems to come up and derail it. So far, we have the traditional Harry's Spring Runoff 8k to kick off the year, then a 50k Pylon  Run in Pennsylvania. Then a 50 miler in Ontario. A 25k and a half-marathon back "2" back, and that seems to be it. But that only takes us to mid-June. Then the world's toughest 30K at the end of July.
  Because of retiring and moving 3000 miles in November (that's the plan!), I imagine this October/November/December is going to be a total write-off, running wise. 
Finally got the Khatoolas dirty.
It was -2˚C today, so I broke out the spikes and headed for 2 hours of fun in the ravine.

The Don River

I got the best of the day out on the trails.

That water looks cold.

I'm always careful on this bridge.

Can you say rickety? Sure. I knew that you could.

Someone stole a kids bike and dumped it here.

Stoopid Mountain Bikes!

Nice and muddy

The Beaver Pond

These ducks were lined up just before I took this pitcher. I could have put a great "Got my ducks in a row" pun on this, but noooo, they had to move.

Some brave varmit went out on the ice. A rabbit or a squirrel, most likely.

More tracks. Lucky the Red Tailed Hawk didn't see them.

This bike looks worth saving. Nah.

Getting dark. 3:00p.m.

See the CN Tower? 3:15 p.m.

The muddy Khatoolas, one of the best buys ever for trail running. Yak Trax just don't work on glare ice.

Hay, some varmit walked across our pool! Most likely the Wonder hound.

So it was weigh in day, and remember, the camera weighs .2 lbs, making me an even 171 lbs,  a loss of 3 lbs the first week. Don't my ankles look thinner?
My hi-tech graph will track my progress.The straight line = 2 lbs./week.You can click on it and check out the amazing graphics in hi-def.
The dot at the top left below the straight line shows my actual 3 lb. loss on the graph for the first week. As long as I keep below the line, I'm doing well. I even had a cheat day on Friday, I hoovered 2 beers and some Mexican food.
  Next up on Sunday, Jan. 29th, weight update # 2. Big party on Jan. 28th, DOH. And a preview of the Glacier Ridge 50K, which is shaping up as one of the Best Pylon Adventures Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment