Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Food, Fun, Fabulous Fifty and Weekly Weigh In (or not)

Steaks + Fire = Nom Nom
 So what have I been eating during my 2nd week of weight loss? Lots of steak and............
Home made pickled eggs.
 Greek Omelettes.  Made with 6 eggs, feta cheese, spinach , salt, pepper and some hot  chorizo sausage.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Roasts with Onions (made these at work).

a
Grass fed beef hamburgers from Cumbrae's, fried in butter. That's just  salt pepper on top, along with some caramelizing onions.

Done medium rare. I saw this recipe on "No Reservations". I think I have perfected it.
 So that's what I've been eating. I have decided to cease drinking beer for a while, the pounds just aren't coming off fast enough. I'll try it for 2 weeks and see how it goes. It will be tough, but Portage is giving up wine at the same time so it will be easier for me.
  Weird day weather-wise on Tuesday, a big snowstorm hit the night before and the conditions were perfect for running in the ravine first thing the next morning.
Blazing the trail
The Blind Corner.

Someone crashed their GT Racer....

A not very good shot of the Red Tailed Hawk. Can you see it? Always cool to hear it screeching above you while it hunts.
 Then the day started to heat up, and set an official new January 31st record of + 10˚C(50F). It actually felt warmer, and by the time I was done, most of the snow was gone. The thermometer on the Jeep said +12˚C later in the day.

 On Saturday night (cheat night, by coincidence), our good friend Margaret joined the big "5-0" club. Actually, her birthday isn't until next month, but her sister Sue and husband Simon wanted to surprise her. He is a cabinet/furniture maker, and redid his huge workshop to look like Heathrow Airport in London.
Welcome to Heathrow!

Home of the Marg-tini

Airport themed costumes.

Security was tight.

Those are real hand cuffs. Dave and Penny flew in for the party and got asked about them at the real airport.

The Stewardess' await the guest of honour

Gotcha!
The weather on Saturday night was crazy, which made it more fun. We cabbed it over, it took an hour to go 10 miles. Black ice everywhere. People were getting out of their cars and pushing the cars ahead of them if they were stuck. On the way back, things had cleared up and we made it home toots sweet.
A great time was had by all, I ate a few meatball sliders, many quesadillas, lots of other appetizers and I don't even want to say how many "Steam Whistles" I drank. A fabulous job of organizing by Simon and Sue, what a ton of work!
The girls and me.

The Mile-High Marg-tinis were lined up.

Tables in front of the band before the show. Lots of dancing later on.

Steam Whistle. How could I resist?

Getting my passport photo taken

The Birthday Girl. Happy 50th ,Margaret!

Undercover G-Man

Kevin's Band Was Awesome! Who knew our neighbour was so talented?

 Portage, The Girl and me left around midnight, but the party apparently went on until 4:00a.m. I got on the scale the next morning (Sunday) for my weigh in. Not good. So that's why I'm skipping the weight loss report this week and will provide an update this Sunday, hopefully the Birthday Party Weight was just temporary. According to my chart, I should be down to 168 lbs. or less by then.
What could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment