Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fatty, Fatty 2X4 Can't Fit Through the Kitchen Door


  Not good. I had too much fun this off season and packed on a few pounds. Fourteen pounds, to be precise. I was reading Tim Ferriss' book, The 4 Hour Body, and he has a great idea. You put your commitment out there (such as on your blog) for all to see. That way, if you back out, you will look like a total failure, a wimp,  and a loser of the highest order.
   I'm going to spare everyone the "before" underwear shot, but I will post one in mid-April, when I hope to be 150lbs. of  trail running coiled steel. Well, maybe not an underwear shot, more likely in running shorts. Also,I will provide a weight update every Sunday.
  I'm not following Ferriss' weight loss plan (slow carb), I think I'll stick with primal. I lost 20lbs. in 2 months last time I stuck to it.
  So, starting weight is 174lbs.(ugh). I was @ 160 lbs for my last "in shape" race on Dec. 4th, and I'd like to get down to 150lbs. for Glacier Ridge 50K in mid-April.  So 8lbs/month or 2 lbs/week. Doesn't sound too bad......
 Gonna miss this though, it's my weakness. No Old Mil, except for cheat day, of course.
Frank the Tank's Favourite.
I just hope this isn't too easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment