Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Halifax. Another Year, Another Hurricane. And Darrell's!

   Last year, when we moved The Boy into Dalhousie University, we had "Hurricane Earl". This year again, it pounded rain all day thanks to remnants of "Hurricane Lee". Nice. But we had a really great sunset, and I did eat at "Darrel's" today, a quest of mine for a few months now.


Darrell's has been on my burger list for a while.

We walked a long way to get to Darrell's, and I chugged my first Darrell's IPA.

The famous Peanut Butter Burger. Tied for # 1 best burger in my life with the "Elephant and Castle" in Grove City PA, and the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas. The truth is , it's been so long since I've been in Las Vegas, I've kind of forgotten how good that burger was, but guess where I'm going in November? Vegas, baby.

Half-done. This burger sticks to the roof of your mouth, which is nice.

I ate it so fast, the waitress was shocked. Didn't even get to finish my 2nd beer.

It is pouring rain while I took this shot.....
But that was today. Yesterday, we had lobster at "My Father's Mustache". Best fries. Ever.
Bread, gross. Lobster, Num.

The actual urinals at "My Father's Mustache".. You may have seen them on the interweb? I used the one on the right.

The Boy is pleased with his new dorm room.

My New  Comphy Chair.

Awe Yeah. I actually know a guy who worked at Darrell's, and he said he would eat there.

Who hasn't used the hotel sink as a cooler?

So the plan is to get up early, I have laid out plans for a spectacular run. I'm thinking an epic trip from Halifax to Dartmouth, over the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment