Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Friday, June 24, 2011

You Always Remember Your First

 I certainly will remember mine. It was at noon on June 23rd, 5203 Yonge Street, Toronto. I was a virgin at this, but I had been told it would hurt. Anthony asked me to lay down, face to the floor, on the end of a sturdy padded bench.I was tense (as you could imagine). He tried to help me relax by making small talk and putting on some old country and western songs.He said "I'm going to have to shave you now", but many weeks of hot-tubbing had burned all my body hair off*, rendering that step rather moot.
  As I lay there staring at the floor waiting for the pain, I was thinking a few beers for breakfast might have been a good idea. Anthony assured me that everything was cool, and that infection of any kind was not a worry. I had told him exactly what I wanted, so I didn't expect anything other than that.
   He went to work. I was pleasantly surprised, because it wasn't quite as painful as I expected. And now I can't wait to do it again!
My First Tattoo!
I designed the tattoo, kind of an "Ironman Canada" ripoff of one I had seen before, but I felt the border was too wide on the other one. I also left room for a few more "M-dot" tats.

  * This is my theory. Our hot tub is salt water, when I turn up the concentration, the salt (NaCl) in the water turns to chlorine (Cl) and then a mild  hydrochloric acid(HCl). It burns all your body hair off over time, kind of like sitting in a big tub of  Nair. Probably more information than you needed.

2 comments: