Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looks Like Bad Timing for My 15 Minutes of Fame + Dora Crushes the Course at Bear Mountain.

 Hopefully the June TrailRunner  Magazine will be arriving in your mailboxes the next few days. As I mentioned at the end of this post here, I strongly disagreed with an article they wrote in May telling a runner who wanted to lose weight that he should eat more carbs. DOH. Anyhow, I argued he should eat FEWER carbs and more fat and protein, and they published my letter on page 8!
  And if that weren't enough excitement for one issue, on page 40 they have an article on the Paleo Diet called "Caveman Approved". It's pretty well written and presents a positive view of "my" diet. And the kicker is this paragraph.
  "Regardless of the genetic and digestive details, some runners say they just feel better on a Paleo diet. When 52 year old runner Dave Reid of Toronto Ontario, failed in numerous weight-loss attempts, he subscribed to the Paleo Plan. Reid dropped 20 lbs. the first 2 months, and another 15 in the following two years. He says "I'm now putting in better training than I ever did before".

  I'm pretty sure I said "52 year old Elite Ultrarunning Champion Dave Reid of Toronto Ontario" but I guess they had to edit it due to space constraints or something.
Thanks, Mackenzie!
  Anyhow, it's too bad I'm having such rotten luck with my injury, but that was caused by stupidity, not my diet. Still no luck taking deep breaths, but I'm really liking my little white pills.
  Lastly, but certainly not leastly, a huge effort on the weekend by our female Pylon. Dora did a great job at the Bear Mountain 50 Miler, and you can read her amazing race report (with pitchers) HERE. You really have to give it a look, especially if you enjoy reading about other people suffering!

3 comments:

  1. A nice blurb in Trail running mag. ... thats kind of cool.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Chris, I enjoy your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You Having Trouble STICKING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out: Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete