Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And Then There Were Five..........

The Fat Ass Pylons are dropping like flies just before our last road trip of the year, the Bobcat Trail Marathon in Ohio. Funny thing is it's not age related injuries we're getting, it's stoopid related injuries.
  First ,Dora accidentally drops a dumb-bell on her foot doing "Crossfit" and breaks a toe clean in half. Stoopid dumb-bell. You can see her x-rays and  read her tale of pain here. Then Phantom slides off the slippery 2:16 bridge and jambs his ankle, turning it into a "cankle". Stoopid rain. Stoopid 2:16 Bridge. It's the first serious injury I remember him ever having! Unfortunate timing. Stoopid timing.
 So it's down to Beaver,Cyrus,Captain,Swiss and Digger.

Checking my training log -2010
January-  I ran 70 miles
February-I ran 120 miles Bike 1:00 hour
March-    I ran 168 miles Bike 3:40 hours
April-      I ran 186 miles Bike 0:00 hours
May -      I ran 246 miles Bike 10.5 hours Swam 0:05 minutes
June-       I ran 150 miles Bike 7:00 hours Swam 0:45 minutes (Includes my 2 week Tennessee taper)
July-        I ran 85 miles  Biked 31 hours Swam 4 hours.
August-   I ran 85 miles Biked 25 hours  Swam 4 hours.
Sept-       I ran 140 miles  No Bike & No Swim
October- I ran 170 miles No Bike & No Swim

So far this year, I've run 1420 miles , biked 78 hours (almost all on the trainer) and swam 9 hours.

  Hey, did you hear about the World Triathlon Corporation trying to extort $1,000 bucks out of athletes so they could go to the head of the events line?
WTC....Very Scary (and Greedy!)
   Mucho controversy, Scott Dunlap covers it well in his very popular  "A Trail Runner's Blog" . 
As if the $1,000 bucks wasn't bad enough, they also wanted to have a bunch of Olympic distance Tri's with the Ironman brand name on them. Bad enough to call the half-ironman the "Ironman 70.3". Sorry, those aren't Ironman races and it just cheapens the brand. And they're selling Ironman merchandise at stores like Target, so you have people wearing the stuff that have never done an Ironman!
  This is a very funny video the Captain found dealing with the issue.So much for my Mdot tattoo, I'm just glad they did this before I got it, I bet there a bunch of triathletes out there who now wish they hadn't done it.
  I had it designed and everything. It looked like this. Maybe I'll get this one instead?

  But seriously, it's a sad day at the Digger house, we are closing the pool, no more hot-tubbing after a tough run.This might cut down on the beer consumption. If you own shares in Old Milwaukee, you may want to consider selling. When I stopped drinking Sleeman's, they almost went bankrupt.
   Next post will be the Bobcat Trail Road Trip report from Ohio. Phantom and Dora, you will be missed!
 
Draining the Pool and Hot-Tub...heavy sigh. See You Next April,Hot-Tub!




No comments:

Post a Comment