Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Friday, September 17, 2010

Random Thoughts From The Trail

Funny, not Ha Ha funny but strange funny, how after a "Goal Race" you have a huge letdown and just want to curl into a ball and sleep. I have two races left this year, and I want to do well, but ,until today, I just felt I had lost my MoJo.No motivation, just get dressed and start running.Anyhow, it turned out to be a beautiful day, and I felt good, so much so that I had some deep thoughts.
1) What's up with Phil Collins? How do you go from Genisis to making songs for cartoons?
2) Ipods. If  it's a normal day, I can't use an iPod or I'll get run over by mountain bikes. If I know it's going to quiet on the trails, like after a  big rain or a weekday, I use an iPod.
3) The Best "pick me up songs". You know, after a few hours, you're in "the zone", then you hear a song that makes you speed up and feel good!
1) Twilight Zone-Golden Earing
1.5-Sasalito Summer Nights-Diesel
2)L'il Devil- The Cult Also "Here Comes The Rain"
3) Hungry Like The Wolf-Duran Duran Also "Make Me Smile"
4) Poison-Alice Cooper
5)Shotgun-The Commodores (Instrumental, but awesome)
6) World Where You Live-Crowded House
7)Deep Purple-Highway Star,Hush and Smoke on The Water
8) Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting-Elton John
9)G N' R Welcome to the Jungle also Paradise City
10)Judas Priest, Pink Floyd and Queen, too many to think of right now.
Please feel free to add in the Comment section!
My New Screen Saver

Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

How can you not love a movie that mentions Arnold Ziffle?

World's Largest Earthworm (Below)?I put my water bottle beside it for scale.

Not an earthworm
 Upon closer inspection, it was the intestines of one of these, courtesy of this guy.


We have had an amazing summer, here is the backyard now, a little overgrown. I'll try and locate a shot of it in the spring, but I'm pretty sure there was a shed back there.
Welcome to the Jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment