Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Monday, June 7, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the Way to the Podium-Woodstock Triathlon Report

Weather conditions-Not Looking  Good.
Well, the first triathlon of the year is over, it's amazing how many things you forget.Like wearing your running shirt under your wet suit so you don't have to try to put it on while you're cold and wet. Like having your bike shoes ready!
 Welcome to Woodstock Ontario, home of world record butterfat producer "Springbank Snow Countess" . She has her own statue, and even her own facebook page. Check out her "wall".

The calm before the storm. Weather is turning better,finally.
Does this wetsuit make my ass look big?

Son Ben is right. No one looks good in a wetsuit. Beaver sure looks he's sucking in his gut,though.

 The transition area just before the start. Woodstock is a 1K(0.6 mile) swim,32K(20 mile) bike,8K(5 mile) run.


The purple wave-on your mark,get set..........


Go! That's me on the right.



Heading out on the bike.

Beaver coming in on the bike about 2:00 behind me. Not good, I need more of a cushion than that for the run!

Beaver finishing an outstanding 8K run after flying past Digger at the 4K mark. Beaver was 9th overall on the run with a 32:21 8k, I was 35:31, not bad for me, what can you do?

Here's an "After the Race" shot. OK-So it wasn't exactly "Clash of the Titans", but we got a good practice triathlon in, Beaver for Ironman Lake Placid" in July, me for Ironman Canada in August..

Here's the funny thing that happened to me on the way to the podium. As you can see, I brought my "Pylon Podium Shirt",but it wasn't necessary(for me, at least). Turns out some fast 50 year olds showed up here today.Four of them, to be exact. So I finished 5th.The top 50-54 year old was Brian Peaker, he was 7th overall, and averaged 36.3km/hour on the bike.Yikes. He finished in 1:47:02, second was 1:49:00,3rd was 1:53:28. I was 2:01:43, so it's not like I got out-leaned at the wire. Even without the bad transitions, I wasn't finishing in the money today. O.K.-There's no money, but you know what I mean.
 Beaver, however, was 2:00:06, 3rd in the 45-49 age category. Next time, bring your Pylon Podium Shirt!
  Full results are posted here. Go to June 6th, "Woodstock Sunday" "Triathlon".
 

Terri coulcn't resist getting her photo taken with the Famous Milker.

Terri's new friend, a Golden Poo named Roxy she met while waiting around taking these great photos. Same kind of dog as ours, different colour. Next up,Tennessee 3 day 60 mile stage race, we leave a week tomorrow. Let's hope Dora can make it. Cyrus,Captain and I are all confirmed so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment