Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm Back In The Saddle Again

I'm lucky enough to know some serious triathletes and trainers, and they are telling me I better get my ass back on the bike if I want to survive Ironman Canada. I stopped riding when I found it was killing my back to back long runs, and I had the Seaton Trail 52k and Tennessee 60 mile Stage race coming up.They assure me my legs will come around to both running long and cycling if I give it a chance. As you can see ,I train on a trainer rather than on the roads. You would have to be insane to ride a bike on the road in Toronto, there are too many horrible drivers out there.Many of them can't see a huge red firetruck with lights and sirens going, so what chance do they have of seeing a cyclist?
  Also, the bumps on the road cause my beer to foam up.
(Click 2X on Photo!)
 

So here's the plan for this week.





Monday(today)-I hour on bike + 10k tempo run
Tuesday-3 hour trail run up north with Captain and Dora
Wednesday-2 hours on bike at work
Thursday-20 miles with Captain up North or solo in the Don Ravine later in the day if I have a busy night at work
Friday-rest up for race on Sunday
Sat-rest
Sunday -Sporting Life 10k

 After this week, Dora, Cyrus,Captain,me and possibly Swiss,still have 7 weeks until Tennessee.I'm gonna give the bike 3 weeks and see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment