Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Saturday, March 13, 2010

I just Set a PB on My 10K Cemetery Hill Course!

It's all looking good for my first sub 40 minute 10k ever, and at age 52 for God's sake.What could go wrong?
  I hammered out a 43:28 with lots of hills, tons of rain, a strong headwind and I was not throwing up tired at the end. I ran a 41minute something Sporting Life 10k about 10 years ago at 185lbs. Let's see what I do around 155 lbs.The Sporting Life 10k is known as the country's fastest, right down Yonge Street, mostly downhill from North Toronto to the Lake. I can run to the start line in about 15 minutes.
  Now tomorrow's going to be another story. Let's see how the endurance is. The Fat Ass Pylons are going 3+ hours of technical trails in Hilton Falls,and I know the Captain is going to head out like a rocket. He and Phantom have the "Fools 50k" coming up in Ohio in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment