Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Could Go Wrong?

What could go wrong? I'll tell you what could go wrong. I thought that since I was suffering from "Runner's Knee", I'd lift a few weights and get buff for the season. I really liked dead-lifts, and was rapidly increasing the weight for my 3 sets of 5 reps. Not trying to brag, but I got up to 225lbs. I know, you're thinking "incredible!"
  So one rainy Sunday afternoon, I thought I would see how much I could do in a single rep. 295 lbs is an easy one to load on the bar (4X50lbs +2X 25lbs+ 45 lbs for the bar). And I did it. I even have a witness.
  I don't remember hearing anything snap, although I did feel sore the next morning, but I always feel sore the next morning.
 Over the next few days, the shoulder got sore. And then it got sorer. I gave it a month, then it was time to see the doctor.
 It's the rotator cuff. Apparently, there is no blood circulation in there, and the healing process is lengthy.
Now for an unrelated,yet funny, thingy;

Now that's funny.

2 comments:

  1. hay digger! we have the same 5 rep max! and you're the only person i know to blow a shoulder doing a deadlift ...

    stoopid digger!
    heal soon!
    xo dora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you,Everhard and Captain have a great time in Michigan and good luck!

    ReplyDelete