Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Saturday, February 11, 2012

After Two Weeks on The Wagon-Quick Observations.

  Portage and I went into major weight loss mode 2 weeks ago, and that included eating Paleo (no cheating for me) as well as giving up all booze. It's the first time I've gone this long without alcohol since I don't know when. Even when I first went Paleo back in November 2008, I still had beer 2 times a week at curling. Since I am now retired from curlng, it allows me to go totally beer free. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Canada to curl and not drink beer after.
  So, some observations.
The fridge has a lot more room in it for food.
We only have half as many charges on the Visa and Debit cards as we usually do.
There seems to be more money in the bank account.
I have more time for things like cleaning up the workshop.
The belt and pants are feeling looser.
I keep waiting to hear of layoffs in the Old Milwaukee factory.
I'm impressed that I don't miss the beer as much as I thought I would, but I do miss it. No shaking though, which is nice.
I'm really really really looking forward to cheat day tomorrow.
I notice things are tightening up. Less flesh jiggling around on the runs.
I may even be putting on muscle, what with all the dead lifts and pushups. I even saw a vein in my forearm this morning.
Two weeks is a long time when you are counting the days one by one.
Typical dinner. Steak and sausage. We had some roasted broccoli as well.

A dusting of snow, finally.  It was -25˚C in Toronto with the windchill this morning.

Too cold outside for the Wonder-Hound.

We will be swimming in there in a month and a half. Hard to believe.

The Weight Loss Chart
I weighed in at 166 lbs. on Saturday(today), one day early. Sunday is cheat day, and I'm curious to see how much I gain. Still on track for 150 lbs. (for now).
 So tomorrow is cheat day and the plan is a 2 hour 30 minute run first thing, then a big brunch of fat and protein, like bacon and eggs. That should keep me full until dinner, which will be Butter Fried Burgers, Double fried French Fries, and lots of Old Milwaukee.We are having a bunch of friends over, so maybe I'll be too busy cooking to drink very much!
  What could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment