Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Sunday, December 11, 2011

We Interupt This Travel Blog for A Race Report. The 2011 Egg Nog Jog (10.8K)

One last Dora in Utah photo ripoff.
  So. The Egg Nog Jog. 10.8K of who knows what on any particular day. We've run it in snow, sleet, freezing rain and sunshine. Like today.
 I had just worked a 24 hour shift , and Beaver volunteered to drive, which was nice. Man, it was fricken' cold walking home from work, all 4 blocks.  It was at least -5˚C. My last tempo 10K on Friday was iffy, with some hamstring issues, so I had been stretching them for 2 days. This morning, they felt primed and ready to go.
Me and Beav. Why does he look taller? I'm way taller than he is.

What are these people thinking? They should not be at the front!

Atomic Wedgie? Check.

See the Pylon orange? Swiss dropped me at the start, we had a pact!

Action shot. Hey Swiss!

First uphill

Facebook shot. Win! Look at all the losers in Loserville behind me.

Vents brings it home!

Swiss hammers the 60+ category.

That elf is about to lose his/her job if she beats TMIR. ( The Man in Red).

Portage bringing it. She didn't have her fave pacer yelling at her this year.So, slower time than last year, but enjoyed the run more. BRING IT!!!!!!

"Casey The Dog"'s dad Scott Clark, me, and  'Tage .

Awards time. Where's Beaver?

Bingo. Podium again.

Pylons present and accounted for, Beav,Vents, Digger,Swiss and Portage

Where's the car? Oh, there it is.

They put my nickname on my race #. How cool.

So, again, final Pylon results were
Beaver-  45:29  3/31 age 45-49   21st overall out of 527
Digger-  50:45  4/39 (DOH) age 50-54*   63rd overall out of 527
Vents- 56:08
Swiss-   1:00:40
Portage- 1:16:51
All results are here.

4th again*? Are you kidding me? I've had about 4 - fourths this year. It wouldn't bother me if I wasn't such a podium slut. I'm gonna have to raise my game a bit next year.But I'm pretty sure I said that last year too. DOH!

2 comments:

  1. Way to be digger ...from #2 AG 50-54, sorry about the podium thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Congrats on the podium,Ron. That was a great day for a run.I met Gilles (#3 age 50-54) after the race, he is a good friend of Beaver's(Nick Roberts).
    Lucky I'm not older, I would have been 7th in the 55-59 category.

    ReplyDelete