Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Monday, October 3, 2011

Back From Holidays

Our hotel room view in Capri
 Portage and I just returned from our wonderful 10 day trip to Italy. We visited Rome, Orvieto,Tuscany, Pisa, Venice, Assisi, Pompeii, Naples, Capri, Sorrento, and then Rome again. It was 85˚F and sunny every day, and we met a lot of nice people. Highlights were eating wild boar in Orvieto, a country dinner and booze-athon we had in Tuscany, climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa, seeing the unbelievable architecture (and prices) in Venice, the blue water and lifestyle of Capri, and being close to the Pope. We aren't religious people, but it is hard not to appreciate the influence, good and bad, the church has had on Italy's history. I took 300 pictures, Portage took 2,000 but deleted 500 while we were there, so she has 1500 net.
 I tried to run every day, but we were so busy I only ran once. I'm avoiding the scale, but I'm guessing I only gained a few lbs. because of all the walking. I'll catch up on the blog once I recover.
A typical appetizer. Definitely NOT Paleo, but hey, I was on holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment