Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting Close...............

The North Country 50 Miler is a month away and things are finally coming around. Captain, Eddie (formerly Sub) and Ray are doing the trail marathon, while I am doing the 50 miler.
  After a mostly wasted racing season (thanks to my stoopid New Balance Minimusus, which are designed with no treads) featuring cracked ribs, whiplash and achillies issues, it's finally coming together. I've had a great 3.5 hour run, and now a couple of good 4 hour runs. I've lost some weight (gained drinking beer while incapacitated) and am no longer totally fried at the end of my long runs. With a 14 hour cutoff, I should be able to hammer the first 35 miles, then fake the last 15. That is my plan. I am hoping for sub 10 hour first 50 miler.And how can I not finish a 50  after reading something like this guy's suffering at the Grand Mesa 100 miler?
This and that.........
Runner's Tan. OK, it's dirt, not a tan.
I tore my right calf a couple of years ago and now they don't match. The ladies say they like the torn one better, so now what do I do? Tear the left one to get a match?
Ever wonder where pineapples come from? This one is from Panama, it's a baby. How do they make money selling them for $2.99?
Portage's calves*. I'm jealous. She was a sprinter in high school, all Ontario. My buddies said I've never catch her.But I showed 'em
* I got Portages permission to use this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment