Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dreading My Long Run Today

I'm supposed to do 4 hours, and it's going to be another scorcher. My knee is stiff and sore this morning and I'm stuffed up, but I'm running out of time, so I gotta do it. I can't take any NSAID's, that might cause some kidney issues. I could put it off until Thursday, but it's going to be even hotter, they say it might even hit 100˚F here for the first time in many years.*
   But it'still not as hot this summer as when I was  kid.We haven't been over 100˚F yet, that used to happen a few days each year. They had a Bulova clock tower at the CNE (it's long gone) and they would show a photo of it in the newspaper when it went over 100˚F. That was before the metric system!
Remember this?


 *Nuts. I just got back, I had to stop after 30 minutes due to knee pain. No choice, I had to head home for a couple of NSAID's. Bummer. I'll try again on Thursday, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment