Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oops, I Did it Again

Ice, ice baby.


So I'm finally getting back into the higher mileage now that the ribs have healed, and I had an easy 2 hour run scheduled in the ravine yesterday. Coming into the home stretch, 6 minutes to go, I kicked a rock (or a root, I'm not sure which, I never saw it) and went into one of those comical stumbles that you are going down, but are able to pull out of it by overextending everything. I felt a "Twang" in my already sore achillies tendon. Doh.
  I hopped and limped back to the Shrekmobile, and then my foot started to go a bit numb. Not Good. Shit shit shit shit shit shit.
  It sucks to get old, but I guess it's better than the alternative. Anyhow, looks like another forced rest, luckily there are no races in the near future that I've already paid for.
  Don't they say bad things happen in three's? Well that's two, I wonder what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment