Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Friday, April 29, 2011

Returning to the Scene of the Crime

The crime being "one count of running like an idiot in the rain".  I learned it takes a lot longer to recover physically when you're 53 instead of 23. Duh.
So the wonder-hound and me went back to see where I took my latest (and greatest,so far) fall. It was 12 days ago, and I'm just now feeling well enough to hike in to where it happened.So here it is.

Dogs are amazing. She can actually smell the stoopid.
As you can see, it would have been just as easy to go around.
This is the log I ran up..........
I remember it was my first step on the way down, my left shoe slipped from under me, shot forward, and I got airborne.
My left side hit the right edge first. Not good.
I just lay in the mud beside the stupid thing 'till I got my breath back.
The White Fanged Terror looks on as I chronicle my stoopidness.
Big windstorm last night blew this tree over. It's right beside where I had my "accident"
It crushed the fence surrounding this "Danger-High Voltage" transformer area.
So anyway, I guess I learned my lesson and will never do anything that stupid again.What was pretty cool though, the way the tree crushed the fence, I was able to shimmy my way into the High Voltage area and take this cool shot(below). I was going to climb up one of the transformers for a better angle, but figgured that might be dangerous.
From the inside.
Last one. The dog and me had to walk though a bunch of mud and gravel to get back to the car, but I felt good enough to break into a short run. The mutt left me in the dust, just to show me who's bad.
So that's it. Back to work next week, back on the trails, hopefully start with a couple of back to back 2 hour runs next week.It's going down to 2˚C tonight. Where is spring? Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment