Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid Slippery Ice and $100 Hamburgers

So that wipeout I took on Sunday did some damage.It's getting a little too close to The Glacier Ridge 50K for that sort of foolishness. I finished the Sunday run, but was pretty sore on Monday, mostly my back where I landed on my water bottle. By Tuesday morning, I couldn't  bend over to get my socks on. Just a throbbing ache with shooting pains every once in a while. I had to get a spare for curling Tuesday night even though it was our first playoff game (They did invite me to watch them and help with the beer). I thought I would feel better this morning after resting and taking Robax all day Tuesday, but I felt worse. I was lucky, I was able to get an appointment to see my Doctor this afternoon, he had an opening.*
* I just got back. It turns out I just have a pulled muscle that has spasmed, he gave me some muscle relaxants (apo-cyclobenzaprine) that is stronger than Robax, and some anti-inflammatories. He also recommended some massage. Should be OK to run again next week. At least Pennsylvania still looks good, thank goodness.

  Anyhoo, on Saturday Portage and I finally managed to make it to M:Brgr , a burger bar located at 401 King St. West in Toronto. They have a very cool website, you can find it here.
M:Brgr is right downtown. Across the road from Mountain Equipment Co-op.
A much nicer location than Dangerous Dan's. Lots of Yuppies walking by.

Located in a nice old building.
That's just an awkward pose.Nice shoes,though.


   It's a 2 restaurant "chain" originally from Montreal, and it's famous for this:

What's up? No Unicorn meat?

I didn't order one (too cheap), instead opting for the "Big Zak" for $15.95.

Portage ordered the Organic Burger. She also had sweet potato fries, I stuck with regular fries. Is was cheat day, after all. I had a Mill Street Organic Beer, Portage got a Rickard's Red, her favourite.

The lovely Portage, her Organic Brgr and my "Big Zak"

The not so lovely Digger and his Mill Street Organic. Regardez vouz the size of that middle piece of bun! There's gotta be 5" of bun here.
Cyrus lives just across the street from the Mill Street Brewery, lucky guy.

 
I had been fasting for 20 hours, so the first 1/2 went down fast.
Well, I give M:Brgr a 6.9 out of 10. The patties tasted great, but were lost in 3 layers of bun. They built it like a Big Mac (I get that) where it's bun, patty, bun, patty, bun. But it didn't need a middle bun. Portage said the bun on her Organic Brgr was also a bit overwhelming. The good news is, we had a $40 coupon that only cost us $20, so the whole meal came out to $37.00 with a generous tip. (Our waiter was no Gary, but he was good).

We have 2 more of those coupons, so we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment