Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Well, I Finally Got Up Off My Ass!

It was -3˚C and sunny today, the Honey Do list was done before noon. My back/foot/attitude were all feeling better, and it looked like a great day for a trail run, so I ran out of excuses. I have a nice 2 hour double loop that I do, so that was the goal.

The view near the start at the Loblaw's Parking Lot.The white line is the trail. Notice the CN Tower?
The snow was just deep enough to cover most of the roots, rocks and surveyor's spikes, and I didn't fall once. I only wanted one water bottle and brought 2 gels, just in case of bonking.

I love the Icicles, they show up every year around this time.

I can't believe a Mountain Biker was riding these trails. There are spots that, if you slip, you go 50' straight down.
So, I did the first loop in 56:47, not bad considering the snow.And I took it easy 'cause I knew I had one more to go.

That's nice. Stoopid Mountain Biker!
Am I on Facebook? Me and the Schrek Mobile.
Just to show I'm not a total wuss, I did the 2nd loop in 56:06, what I like to call a "negative split", proving that if you go slow enough on your first half, you can have a successful run. And the 2nd thing is, I ran in shorts as per Fat Ass Pylon Rule # 342, Section 37,sub section 4 "No tights after age 50, no matter what".

I hate how my calves (calfs?) don't match. I tore my right one and it's never been the same.
  So, I seem to have gained 20 lbs since Ironman Canada. I must say, I lost weight pretty fast with all the training and eating right and not having as much time to sit around and drink beer while training for IMC.
 I asked my sweetie if she could take a "Before" photo of me in my underwear for my blog and she lovingly replied "No Fu$&^#%^  Way!
  I explained how Dora had taken a photo of Her Rack for her blog, and how her readership had gone up, and I had to do something!
 She said "no".
  Doh.I will take an "After" photo, however, when I'm back down to 150lbs.
Lucky, Dora or I  are not competitive.

Portage's Goodies. 

    They are hard to resist, especially around Christmas.

Christmas Cookies....Not Primal
They just melt in your mouth.
Anyhow, I'm back on the trails, which is nice.
Update, dropped 5 lbs first week, down to 165. Unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment