Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Monday, August 30, 2010

2.4 Mile Swim+112 Mile Bike+26.2 Run + 1 spectacular Crash =11:50

Got some new scars, a medal, a hat, a shirt, and a lot more respect for the Ironman.The volunteers made a painful day a whole lot better. Mrs. Portage took some great shots.Stories and photos to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Hell yeah! Congrats on the finish! Now ditch the speedo and spandex and get back on the trails...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Brownie!I already packed up my swim and bike stuff and took them down to the furnace room.They are not going to be used again for a long time.I'm too sore right now to do any running,I think it's from the crash as well as the bike/run.I can't wait to hit the trails again.
    Also, to the best of my recollection,the photo on the top of the blog is from Highway # 9 near St.George Utah.

    http://www.utah.com/byways/zion_park.htm

    It is amazing, well worth the drive if you happen to be in the area. Just after driving up to the long tunnel, we stopped, and there is a trail that leads to the overlook in the photo.Dora took the shot, I'm pretty sure that's where it was, but I will check with her when she gets back from Trans-Rockies.The old memory isn't what it used to be.

    ReplyDelete