Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stage 3 Photos and Our last night in Chattanooga

Just a couple of photos from stage 3. Cyrus had showered, changed and was eating lunch by the time the rest of us pulled in, so not much to share. Dora will have some great shots over on her Blog in a bit.
  After the race I was talking with a local guy, he introduced himself as Matt. He mentioned he was the race director of the toughest 50K in the East, the Upchuck50K, and we should do it. I finally figured out he was Matt Sims, creator of the Stump Jump 50K, sponsored Salomon runner and featured runner in an article in the current Trail Runner magazine. I was tempted to get my picture taken with him, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded, everyone here is so friendly, but I thought it would be a little weird, so I didn't, but now I wish I had.He won this stage race last year.His wife Natalie was 3rd for the women this year. She "Chicked" me by a few minutes!
Here comes Captain, finishing off 3 days and 60 miles of everything Tennessee has got.

Here's a tick I dug out of my calve at the end of the run. You have to dig all of it out, sometimes the head will break off and stay in you, then you have a problem. He started walking, so I got all of him (her?). I stepped on it, and it was still alive. I stepped on it again. Still alive. I stepped on it again and dragged my shoe across the concrete. Dead.Still, I will keep an eye out for the "Bullseye" bruise you get around the bite if Lyme Disease is involved.

 Captain, hearing the news that he was the 3rd place 50+ male!

Uh oh, guess who got asked for I.D. when he ordered a beer at "Sticky Fingers"? Digger, that's who, not to shabby for a 52 year old.That's me, showing my favourite waitress ever my driver's license.*

Buehler.....Buehler.....Buehler........
This is about the coolest market I've ever been in. Captain was saying it's the oldest market in Chattanooga, and it is a caveman eater's dream. Huge slabs of fat(I'm not sure what you would use it for), spare ribs in 15lbs. packages,meat,meat and more meat.
  Funny, when I asked where the beer was, it got very quiet. The cashier called a guy up to the register, and she told him what I wanted.He disappeared into the back of the store and emerged with 12 cans of old Milwaukee,I went to grab them from him, and he said "Wait, I have to put it in a bag", and he did.My receipt said what everything was that I purchased and how much it cost, except the beer. What was that all about?

(Upper) How hot was it in Tennessee? 93˚F .........................at 8:13 P.M.
(Lower) One of Chattanooga's main streets on Sunday night at 8:13 P.M.I'm not kidding.

The kitchen cupboards and the living room in the house Captain rented for us. B.E.A.utiful.
Contemplating "What exactly is a Collard Green?"

No comments:

Post a Comment