Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Rest Of The World Might Be Round, But Saskatchewan is Flat

 Portage and me (and the Turtles, Bruce and Filmore) are quickly working our way across the country.
 Mine Goat, Ontario is huge! We drove for 24 hours just to get to Manitoba. Next up was Saskatchewan. I realize I forgot to post the adventures in Ontario and Manitoba, I will catch up later. After driving 1,000 kms  or so during the day, I just want to have a beer or two and watch T.V. at night. We only went about 600 kms. today, so here we are (in Swift Current, Saskatchewan)!
Beware of Angry Moose in Wawa, Ontario at Night
 The following pitchers were taken at 120 kms/hr, which is the unofficial speed limit in a province where you can't set up any speed traps. I guess you could go as fast as you wanted to, if you wanted to.
A man once watched his dog run away for 3 days....

Ohhhhhh

Ahhhhhh

Portage Had The Big Camera Hanging Out the Jeep Window

A Pond In Saskatchewan

Silo

Paddock

Big Sky

Suitable for Framing

And now for something completely different.
  I mentioned to the guys at work that I didn't want a retirement stag. So of course they arranged to have one, but I begged them to cancel it in lieu of just a quiet dinner at the hall (which was great). The photoshopped invite was spectacular, however, and I feel I must share it. Sorry Mom!
 
Caution, it may burn your retinas from the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment