Zion Canyon 2011

Zion Canyon 2011
Zion Revisited 2011

How To Approach an Ultra or Ironman

Jordan Rapp quote sums it up!

This Jordan Rapp quote sums it up.
"It's about the process. It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count. That's especially true in training, but it's the same mentality that I carry into racing. Focus on the task at hand, not on the finish line, or the next part of the race, but what it is that is right there in front of you in the moment."





Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shaking the Cobwebs Out





Well I'm finally getting back to feeling good about my training, it's amazing how fast a 51 year old body can get out of shape. I was probably in the best shape of my life for Moab mid-November, and after a few months of just going half-assed, it's taken a while, but I had a great week.

Monday-Trail Run-Home-Double Captain's Loop-Home-Total 2:14
Tuesday-Work- Did weights, squats,pushups,pull ups stretch the hamstings/calves....Moooooooo
Wednesday-Easy Road Run-cemetery 10k-49:49-Quads very sore from squats Tuesday
Thursday-Got my bike fitted- felt really good, did 1:00
Friday-Curling!!
Saturday-Trail Run-Home-Double Captain's Loop-Home-Total 2:08
Sunday-Trail Run with Terri and Ben 30 minutes-Measured 10k Tempo Run,cemetery 44:40

1 comment:

  1. Photos From Top to Bottom

    My sweet Litespeed,set up in the sunroom.
    Ben after smoking me in an uphill sprint.
    Ben and Terri by the Don River.
    Ice in the rapids on Pottery Road.

    ReplyDelete